IntroductionMarketing communication is an interdisciplinary major that combines the concepts and theories of Marketing and Communication Science that have two choices, there are Marketing communication program and Mass communication program. Marketing communication program has two concentrations; Marketing Public Relations (MPR) and Corporate Public Relations (CPR). In MPR, students will learn about how to branding the product, IMC (Integrated Marketing Communication), negotiation technique and lobbying, advertising, writing skills in marketing in a communication context. Whereas in CPR, students will learn about how to manage the corporate reputation, develop the corporate social responsibility programs, writing skills in corporate communication context. All concentrations offer advanced ICT and globally minded approach as characteristic of BINUS UNIVERSITY. As enrichment of learning program, students will be facilitated for 1 year national and international industrial experience, besides 3 years study in campus. We facilitate student to communicate with the global community through student exchanges local and international such as Padjajaran University (local), Hanyang University (Korea), Han University (Holland), University of Southern Indiana (USA). Catalog 2013 (PDF), Catalog 2014 (PDF), Catalog 2015 (PDF), Catalog 2016 (PDF), Catalog 2017 (PDF)
VisionA leading Marketing Communication program of this digital era, delivering world class professionals with an open minded and marketable strengths, local values and Information technology.
MissionThe mission of Marketing Communication Program is to contribute to the global community through the provision of world-class education by:
- Recognizing and rewarding the most creative and value adding talents as a professional Marketing Communication.
- Educating students in the fundamental skills, knowledge, research and practice of Marketing Communication by providing high quality of teaching and learning experiences in real world applications and prepare them to continue their advance studies.
- Conducting research and providing professional services of Marketing Communication particularly in public speaking for society development.
- Preparing students for strategic positions in service industries and/or for advanced degrees in Marketing Communication in a challenging multicultural world.
- Improving the quality of life of the global Community through researches and overseas internships.
Program ObjectiveThe objectives of the program are:
- To provide students with a solid foundation of theoretical and practical knowledge in Marketing Communication to be a professional public relations officer.
- To prepare students with a solid foundation in research skills and analytical thinking to conduct research in the field of Communication especially in Marketing Communication.
- To equip students with applied communication and entrepreneurial skills through internship to be succeed in the global industry.
Student OutcomesAfter completing the study, graduates are:
- Able to analyze cases in communication in order to provide a solution with the communication science approach
- Able to conduct communications research by implementing the theories and concepts of communication science.
- Able to design solutions in communication science approach in order to deal with crisis communication both internally, externally, or community using a various media.
- Able to demonstrate professional ethics of communication that appropriate with the context and relevant purposes.
- Able to represent the skills to interact with various society professionally.
- Able to integrate the use of technology and communication skills to build relationships with community, media, government and public.
- Able to integrate business opportunities in the communication field, and implement it to an applicable business plan.
- Able to build public understanding related to message essence of a product / service using various media through marketing communications approach.
- Able to build relationships between company and stakeholders using various media through communication science approach.
Prospective Career of the GraduatesMarketing Communication prepare students have careers such as:
- MPR: Marketing Communication Manager, PR Hotel/Caf, Presenter (off & on air), Guest Relations Manager, Event Organizer, Artist Management, Personal Branding Advisor, Promotion Manager, PR Consultant, Trainer of communication service
- CPR: Corporate Communication, Corporate Affair, Motivator, HR Counselor, Investor Relations, Corporate Secretary (Public Company), CSR Manager, Trainer of communication in organization
Course Structure for Binusian 2021
|Track||Semester 5||Semester 7|
Prerequisites for Binusian 2021There is no prerequisite for this program.
Quality Controlled Courses for Binusian 2021Student should pass all of these quality controlled courses as listed below:
|No||Code||Course Name||Minimum Grade|
|1||CHAR6013||Character Building: Pancasila||
|3||COMM6097||Speaking in Public||
|4||COMM6012||Theory of Communication*||
|5||COMM6087||Writing Techniques in Communication Context||
|6||COMM6130||Professional Image and Acting*||
|Stream: Corporate Public Relations|
|7||COMM6119||Communications in Crisis||
|8||COMM6124||Public Relations Management and Reputation Management in CPR Context*||
|Stream: Marketing Public Relations|
|7||COMM6116||Customer Relationship Management and Media Planning in MPR Context||
|8||COMM6150||Integrated Marketing Communications and Consumer Behavior in MPR Context*||
Last updated :